Improved partner segmentation model highlights the needs of strategic partners
How do I identify meaningful partner categories and what will best motivate them?
A leading software manufacturer had achieved excellent breadth scale of their partner programs. However, they were not mining their partner databases to identify and better engage their top partners.
A new partner segmentation model was needed to:
- Effectively categorize common channel needs across similar partners
- Target specific growth and high value markets
- Prioritize the right actions and partner incentives for a given market that would provide the highest ROI
Touch was engaged to help create and implement a next-generation partner segmentation model.
Build a partner segmentation model using partner program data and industry expertise
- Assembled and analyzed data from multiple sources to make recommendations on how to best target partners
- Performed competitive assessment to help prioritize channel program priorities and requirements
- Defined personas as a basis of the partner segmentation model
- Implemented a cross-functional approach for addressing channel partners
- Instituted an easy-to-understand channel segmentation framework that could be leveraged across the company
- Constructed a communications framework to provide project status and updates to internal stakeholders
Improved partner targeting, increased partner satisfaction and enhanced customer experience
- Classified partners into distinct, statistically relevant and actionable groupings
- Added specializations to existing partner channel programs addressing critical channel segments
- Provided a reusable framework, making it easier to adapt to future market changes
- Elevated organizational alignment around partner segmentation and needs
- Increased insight into what individual partner types value and expect from a channel program
- Improved customers’ ability to find and differentiate qualified partners within the ecosystem
“Touch delivered a fresh approach to partner segmentation that proved both accurate and actionable. The client drove deeper satisfaction and performance within critical partner segments, partners saw more value from the client, and customers could more easily identify the right partner.”